The recipe can be found here.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium yellow or red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 15-ounce cans of low-sodium black beans
- 2 14.5-ounce can of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes (such as Muir Glen)
- 1 chipotle chile from a can, finely chopped, and 1 tbsp Adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt for topping (optional)
Preparation:Heat oil on medium-low heat in a large pan.
Sauté garlic, onions and chopped pepper until softened. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano, followed by black beans, tomatoes and chipotle chile with sauce.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Add cilantro. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve in bowls with a dollop of fat-free Greek yogurt on top and a side of corn bread.
Makes 4-6 servings