Double Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
2. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt alternately with milk, beating until well blended. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Make your favorite buttercream icing. Spread icing onto cookies, and place chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. About 3 dozen cookies.