Saturday, September 18, 2010

Boo!

Another super easy, and relatively quick Halloween craft!
Most of you probably know how to do this, but just in case....
Buy wooden letters (mine are from Hobby Lobby), they can say anything..Boo, Eek, Harvest, Fall, Pumpkin, etc..you get the point.
Buy a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper for each letter. Paint the back and sides of each letter with a coordinating color.
While the paint is drying, trace the letter BACKWARDS on the piece of paper.

Carefully cut out the letter.
Once the letter is dry, mod podge the cut out onto the front of the letter...this is why you didn't need to paint it. AFTER it has dried, paint a light coat of mod podge on top. If you don't let it dry completely, the paper will bubble.



14 comments:

  1. Great job! I love them. Your blog is lovely and I enjoyed reading it. I am a follower! Have a great weekend and stop by when you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute I saw people selling these on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those - so cute !!!!
    thanks for sharing,
    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at easy and quick! What a great gift for a Halloween hostess. Thanks for sharing. I signed up to follow, I think your blog is one to watch! XO jules
    bles-id.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love simple ideas that come together pretty quickly and make a huge impact. These are great.

    Thanks for linking to Messy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooky and easy! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to grab some of those letters! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your project with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I love easy crafts that are inexpensive and timeless:-) Came over from It's Very Cheri

    Hope you'll come visit me at ThisMommyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and easy!

    You should link up to Scraptastic Saturday on my blog!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I just bought my first mod podge but haven't used it yet! Visiting from It's So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't forget to check out The Halloween Scene at SSB!

    http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-scene-1.html

    xoxo
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails