Sunday, September 12, 2010

Books..not for reading!

I have a stack of books sitting on the bedside table. I'm not a big reader...I think it has something to do with myADHD, and the fact that I re-read the same thing over and over again...until I get bored, and find something else to do.
So, when I saw this post, over at Make Mine Lime , I knew I had a new project:)Perfectly good book...In my defense, I did TRY to read it!
Tear out about 100 pages. Tear off the back and front cover (if you have that section of the book).Trace any symmetrical shape (in my case, a pumpkin), and fold it in half.
Trace the HALF on the book, lining up the fold with the seam of the book.
Start cutting around the shape. I cut about 15 pages at a time. After you cut a section of pages out, you'll want to re-trace your original shape. If you keep going off of the previous cut out, the shape will get wider and wider. Fan out your shape, to make it look like a pumpkin.
Glue the outside pages onto a piece of scrapbook paper, and mat it with another. Glue the paper to the back of the frame (remove the glass).
Add some letters, and find it a home:) Sorry about the picture quality- I've been using my phone, because I'm not sure where the camera is.....I haven't exactly looked for it, either:)

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!

23 comments:

  1. i'm sure you can imagine my eyes getting bigger and bigger as i'm reading and realizing you're chopping up a BOOK!!! :) super cute though

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. There are some books that I would never chop....say, a Shopaholic book.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea- I'm going to have to make one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is super cute. That was a great book. It makes a great pumpkin too. :) Nice job!
    ~stopping by from It's So Very Cheri~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever! And cute! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bunch of books I'd like to chop up. (GASP!) Your instructions were SUPER. Very detailed and I need to remember to be more like that! I know several books whose little spines (pun intended!) are shivering right now. They are about to become pumpkins! Jules@ bles-id

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I have some old books leftover that didn't sell at my recent garage sale, so I'm going to try this!

    ps - found you via the SSB Mad Skills Monday linky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this idea.. not sure about cutting up books though! It would have to be the right book, or I guess this could work with magazine pages etc..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! On my to do list!
    Following you from craft o matic monday :)
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea! I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog Pocket Full of Pink. I appreciate your comments. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this... SO cute! Thanks for joining my Flaunt it Friday party... come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute! I made a similar project last fall but using the whole book and folding the pages in half. This is super cute and I love that you could do all sorts of different shapes! stopping by from it's so very cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is darling and so creative... thanks so much for sharing it at A Craft Soiree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute idea! Makes a great decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just way creative!! Way to go, girly! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my link party each Friday! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been much of a Dean Koontz fan, I think it's a lot better looking in its new state! I like how you attached it to paper and framed. It elevates into something more special! Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! A new one begins tomorrow and I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute; perfect decoration. Love the 3-Dness of it. Thanks for linking up to my Scrappy Saturdays. Featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha. I didn't get that it was a pop out until I looked through the tutorial. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there,

    New follower from New Friend Fridays. I also teach, but I teach kindergarten. Look forward to reading more from you.

    Great blog you have here.

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails