Friday, September 24, 2010

SPOOKY banner

Hands down..this is my favorite craft I've ever made... SO cute!
Materials:
Crepe Paper (mine is from Dollar Tree- comes in a 2 pack -black and orange- or $1)
Shilouette or pencil and scissors (I used both..equally successful:))
Hot Glue
Some form of liquid glue (I used Elmer's Paper Craft Glue Gel)
Glitter
Fun paper
Needle and Thread
Hole Punch
Fun scissors
Bosox Outline Font

First- Cut along the side of the orange crepe paper with your 'fun' scissors. Line up the edges after cutting. (you don't need to fold the crepe paper back and forth...this was a picture from a failed attempt at making a rosette...I came up with a better way..)Better way: Thread a needle, and make big stitches (about 1/5 of an inch) along the lined up edge of the crepe papers. Do not tie a not at the end. Pull the thread tight as you sew, and a rosette will begin to form. Once the circle is complete, cut the crepe paper, and tie the ends together. The seam will not be perfect, but it won't matter... trust me:)
Cut out fun letters- I used "Bosox Outline." Cover the front of the letter in glue, and cover with glitter. Set aside to dry. (I also used black paper, since I used black glitter....that way it doesn't show if you miss a spot.)
Trace the outline of the shape you want your rosettes to be on. You will want to make 2 different sizes, one for the rosette to attach to, and one to go behind that one.

If you have a silhouette, I used the "6 pattern flag set" shape. However, you don't have to have a silhouette to do this!!... I have a silhouette, but wanted to show you that you can do this with out one....So, I cut some out by hand.

Use some form of adhesive to attach the two shapes together. I used scrapbooking tape.

Hot glue the letters onto the center of your rosettes.

Hot glue your rosettes to your shapes.
Hole punch, and string a pretty ribbon through...
Ta-Da!



Sorry about the picture quality- the lighting in this room is really bad....and it's night time..you know, when I should be sleeping!

42 comments:

  1. Omg i love it i think ill do this for christmas .
    Naomi
    Na-miart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner is just the cutest Ü

    Thanks for telling us step by step how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That turned out great!! I love fun easy stuff like this!

    Thanks for linking up to Scraptastic Saturday!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. I love Halloween but never spend the money to buy decorations, making them would be so much fun. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great banner! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Great job!

    Krista
    craftinginthecloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. It kind of has a vintage feel to it. Love the different patterns on the black & white papers.

    www.gwennypenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's the best one that I have seen yet!! You did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful! Thanks for linking up to Show and Tell Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTEST BANNER YET! love it, well done. Thanks for linking up too. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your banner is adorable, and your tutorial is great-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute and super easy! I love it Gotta make one now

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and fun! I think I'll make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely adorable!!! I love it, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why it's a favorite. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great banner. I love the rosettes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute!!! Going to add to my massive "to do" list! :) Check out our community craft blog when you get a chance---www.easypeasycraft.blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE THIS! Just found it on tutorial tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm your newest follower! Love your blog! I actually just read your profile and live right by richardson!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is it ok for a halloween decoration to be pretty? Cause that's what it is! Looks terrific! Thanks for joining us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just beautiful. Thanks for linking up to Theme Party Thursday!
    xo
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't forget to check out The Halloween Scene at SSB!

    http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-scene-1.html

    xoxo
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really good.

    OK. I would like to invite you to link this tutorial up on our site so our readers can find you too: http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-15/

    (BTW a new linking opportunity is posted each Wednesday, so every week you get to bring us your DIY / Craft tutorials for our readers to review)

    Hope to see you soon! Have a lovely creative day!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks fantastic~ well done!

    If you have a moment, please stop by and enter my Fab Fall French Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely adorable! I love how you showed how to do it without a Silhouette.
    I want to make one for my window...that's double-sided so that it can be read from outside too - you clever idea with work perfectly!
    I'm visiting from Frou Frou Decor.
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute! Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  29. I likey :-)

    {It must be getting late, my comments are getting weird. But what do you say when you think something is cool but you don't want to just say, "Cool"?}

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are making me want one of those wonderful crafting machines!! Very cute!!

    Coming by way of Cheri's party

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is cute! I'm your newest follower!

    Melissa
    http://burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like it!
    ~tracy

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute and clever! Thanks for linking to Crazy Cute at Between U & Me!

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. So cute I can't stand it! I love that you hand glittered the letters the old school way:) The shape of your pennants is so fun too! Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails